Burro Bananas are a good source of potassium and fiber. They also contain amounts of Phosphorous, Magnesium, Calcium, Iron, Zinc, Copper and Selenium. Burro Bananas are high in iron content and therefore aid in treating anemia. It may help in providing relief from painful and excessive bleeding during the menstrual cycle as well as other menstrual disorders. Its high fiber content helps help in smooth bowel movements. While the calcium helps strengthen bones. The rich source of potassium may help reduce blood pressure, by relaxing the tension of arteries and veins and oxygenate the various organs of the body.
Great replacement for potatoes, and can be added to soups, stews, and stir fries. When ripe it can be made into porridge, and or smoothies.
To make French Fries (Fried):
- 2 lb Burro Bananas
- 1/4 tsp of Sea Salt
- 1/4 cup pf Grape Seed Oil
- 1/2 tsp of Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp of Dried Oregano (optional)
- 1/4 tsp of Dried Basil (optional)
- 1/4 tsp of Cayenne (optional) add more or less depending on preference.
- Peel the Burro Bananas and cut them in half. Slice the halves lengthwise into thin pieces. Add 1/2 the spices.
- Add 1/4 cup of Grape Seed Oil to a cast iron or stainless steal pan. Turn heat to medium.
- Fry the pieces until browned and tender. Drain excess oil on paper towels
- Enjoy with your favorite sauce.
To make French Fries (Baked):
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Peel Burro Bananas and cut them in half. Slice the halves lengthwise into thin pieces.Mix grape seed oil, cayenne, onion powder, sea salt, basil, and oregano. Coat Burros with oil/spice mixture and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes in preheated oven.
Shipping: Payment takes 24-48 hours to process and orders take up to 3-7 business day to receive, not including weekends and holidays. We ship produce every Wednesdays and Sundays